Cashwagon (“Cashwagon -”, “we”, “our” or “us”) hereby notify you, as our valued customers or potential customers or loan applicants that this notice is served on you pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). For the purpose of this written Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the PDPA.
1. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you choose to apply loan with us, we will acquire personal data about you through several methods, which include but not limited to:
- personal data such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, assets and income from your applications or other forms;
- personal data from credit bureau reports, credit reporting agencies, authorities and/or corporations;
- personal data obtained during the appointment session with us or during assessment session; and
- other written communications with us or documents provided to us prior to and during the course of our business conduct.
(all the above shall be collectively known as “Personal Data”)
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal information so that we can:
- Accept and process your application for a loan;
- Assess your personal and/or commercial creditworthiness;
- Make a determination about the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us;
- To undertake (where appropriate) the risk assessment and management involving securitization, credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting and fraud prevention and claim recovery;
- If your application is successful, provide you with a loan and determine on what terms we will do so;
- Manage your loan account with us;
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please be informed that if you are not able to provide us with your Personal Data, we will be unable to process your application. We will not use the Personal Data we have collected for purpose other than that disclosed in this Notice without your consent, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect the use for that purpose.
Also, under no circumstances will we ask you to reveal your EPF passwords. In addition, we will not make unsolicited requests for your Personal Data through email or the telephone, unless you initiate contact with us. We will not use or disclose information collected from you other than the purpose made known to you, authorized by you or required by the law. From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- Credit reporting bodies, ratings agencies and any business which provide information about the credit worthiness of persons with whom we have a commercial arrangement;
- Your financial advisers (if any) if permitted by you;
- Our financial consultants.
5. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES THAT WE ADHERE
We emphasize on the security of your Personal Data and will take practical steps to protect your Personal Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Personal Data provided by you shall be processed and used in Malaysia. However, if your Personal Data is to be transferred out of Malaysia for the purpose related to your loan as authorized by you, we shall ensure that the Personal Data shall only be transferred to countries which have data protection laws equivalent to PDPA or provide better protection from the provisions of PDPA. If your Personal Data need to be transferred to other countries which do not have data protection laws or laws which do not provide protection equivalent to the provisions of PDPA, we shall ensure that all processors and data users shall comply with all provisions of PDPA.
We agree that we:
- will only process your Personal Data in accordance with the instructions given by you and in accordance with the PDPA;
take appropriate measures in terms of management and technical services to protect the Personal Data from:
- any processing or usage of Personal Data which is not authorized or
- the loss or destruction of the Personal Data caused from our negligence;
- will not keep your Personal Data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the lawful purposes which are permitted by law.
Data Integrity Principle
Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and relevant only to the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for. Kindly notify us by contacting or visiting our office when the Personal Data provided earlier becomes incorrect or inaccurate.
Subject to payment of a fee you may request access to and correction of your Personal Data which is held by us. The form can be obtained by contacting us or visiting our nearest branch.
If you have reason to believe that we have violated the principles set out in this PDPA Notice, we urge you to raise this matter to us by requesting a form from us which enable you to explain and express your concerns to us.
Where indicated, specifically in the loan application form, it is obligatory to provide your Personal Data to us to enable us to process your loan application. If you elect to withhold any Personal Data this may adversely affect your application and / or for us to continue with your loan application.
We may review and update this PDPA Notice from time to time and will place notice of such amendments on our website accessible via https://cashwagon.my/en/general-terms-of-use or our office or via any other mode we shall deemed suit. By continuing your relationship with us after communication of the revision and update you are deemed to have accepted and consented to such revision and update.
This Notice was last updated in November 2018.
Notice and Choice Principle
By providing your address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number or other contact methods you agree and consent that we may contact you through letters, emails, phone calls, facsimile or such other methods. Kindly be informed that you have the right to withdraw the consent granted to us for the above matters at any time by visiting our office by completing the prescribed form.
How to contact Cashwagon:
ADDRESS LOT RF 18, 1ts floor, Kelana Sentral SS6, Jalan Bahagia, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selengor
CONTACT NO./FAX NO. 1300-800-777